Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This Rooster Rules the Roost


I finished this piece last night. I like this Rooster he was designed by Trish McMurry. She has several beautiful pieces with Hens and Roosters. This is a good piece to practice with your script liner brush on. Also all those tail feathers are great to practice floating color. That seems to be the one thing everyone struggles with. So if your having a hard time with side loading your brush to get those nice shades and highlights don't worry it's NOT just you. Everyone has to work at it to find just the right brush and right amount of water or floating medium to leave in their brush. The best advise I can give is if you have some time during your day take 30 minutes to practice, that's the best way you'll ever figure it out. Once you do get the hang of it, you'll be able to do it with out even thinking about.
So Practice, practice, practice and when you think you got it, go practice SOME MORE...LOL.
That's how we all learn. Believe me when I say I didn't just wake up one morning and think I'll go paint something and float in my shades and highlights. I worked at it every day to learn.

I truly believe every piece you do is a learning experience the ones that come out nice, that you can show your family & friends are a plus. But even the ones that get hidden way way back on that back shelf in your craft closet have been a learning experience to. We learn from our mistakes, I have a few of those stored away for a good laugh every once in a while. Some of them were just sad and were filed away in the trash.

Now if painting really is your passion then you won't mind putting in the time to practice. Don't take it so seriously play with it and have a good time. When a friend calls and ask what I'm doing I tell them I'm playing. That's how little kids learn to do things they play. So pick up your brushes and find a pattern that you like and PLAY it's good for the soul.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland