Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's been a while



It's been a long time since I have taken time to update here so I think it's time to get with it. I'm so grateful that winter has moved on and things are green again, it makes my heart happy to see nice green grass and leaves back on the trees.
I've been getting a lot of spring cleaning done and trying to do some decluttering along the way.
I did do some spring time painting the watering can and tulips were part of a pattern I found in a magazine, it's a Judy Diephouse design. I'm painting the whole design from the magazine and I'll post a picture when I get it done. The azaleas are a design by Barbara Hillman the painted lace boarder was just something I added to the piece to make it stand out a little more. I've done painted lace on Christmas ornaments but I've never done it on a flat surface before I think I like the look and will try to add it in on other pieces when I can. You can find patterns for painting lace on Patty Rawlinson's site. She's very good at lace painting go check her out.
Have you tried the David Jansen Decorative Designs with the Heritage MultiMedia paints?
I have a few of the DVD's / patterns looking forward to trying them. I've been working so long trying to make everything nice and smooth for shading and dry brushing and the Jansen technique wants me to leave lines an ridges in the paint to make it look painterly. I hope I can do it...lol, seriously I'll have to work on that I'm sure.
Well until next time happy painting y'all.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland