Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Trying something different

Where did the summer go? I feel like it just flew by, but here we are in September and the fall Craft Show season is upon us. I'm trying to paint Christmas ornaments but my mind is not on it I still have summer designs on my mind. The summer time sales were slow, I'm blaming that on the sequestration. It sure would be nice to have a busy fall and Christmas season. But we have another issue. Last month the property where our Craft Guild Shop is was sold. And unfortunately with the rent more than doubled and other the expenses that are added to the lease it looks as though it's time to move within the next four or five months. Just what I want to do is move in the dead of winter. Finding another affordable location is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think we need to get creative and think outside the box and we'll find something. I feel like God has a plan the trick is to be patient and it will come to pass. In the meantime I have picked up another hobby working with stained glass, I love the beautiful colors of stained glass and have a few friends that have done it for many years so I'm using the scraps and making mosaics. It's kind of time consuming but the end result is worth it.
I just love the colors, there is a mate to this one I just need time to get it done. I've been painting chairs for someone, once that project is done then I'll have more time to work with the glass. There are so many different types and colors of glass it's like pulling together the colors for a painting the possibilities are endless. So there's no excuse for not working with color, there is always something you can do, if you have a passion for painting , stained glass or sewing you can pull together the right color combinations and make something beautiful with your own two hands. Try something new this week it might change your outlook on things.      

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland