Monday, July 7, 2008

A sign of Welcome


This is the next project for the class on July 13th.

I really like this piece, did you know that the Pineapple is the sign of hospitality and friendship?
Yes that's true, here you can read all about it http://www.levins.com/pineapple.html
Anyway I have looked for the longest time for a pattern with a pretty pineapple and I was happy when Patricia Rawlinson offered this pretty pattern on her site.
I used canvas to paint this piece and I like the look, the dry brush technique gives it a look of very fine needle work.
This looks so nice out in the yard or hung by the front door to welcome your friends and family. I'm thinking I might like to do this design on a wooden sign to put out front with my house numbers on it. Well one of these days I'll get to it...LOL

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland