Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween



I hope your ready for the ghost and goblins that will be out and about tonight.
If your out tonight travel safely and watch out for those little candy snatchers.
I'll be staying put tonight,maybe doing some painting. I spent last evening with friends at a Halloween bonfire, it was a nice night not to cold but a little windy, the warmth of the fire felt really good.
I haven't done much painting for fall, I've been working on ornaments for my shows.
But I did get one fall item done. I took a black canvas handbag and painted fall leaves on the front and back. You can do this on hand bags , jackets, tote bags ,aprons or shirts the skies the limit. I transfered the leaf design with white wax free transfer paper then base coated all the leaves in with brown , two coats drying between coats. Then your ready to paint your leaves multi colors. I used some fabric medium to do the shading and highlights and paint the veins of the leaves. When your done you can lay the piece in the sun for a while and that will heat set the paint. It's just that easy, give it a try.
It's a quick easy project that you can do in a afternoon.
Until next time Happy Haunting & Happy Painting.

1 comment:

Tolentreasures said...

Beautiful bag! How seasonal!

Cathy

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland