Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall is in the air









Well good grief the summer has gone and now it's time for those leaves to start changing colors and the cooler temperatures. I know that I have neglected my blog terribly this summer all because I've been working on my house. I've painted wood work till I don't want to see another piece of wood work. Now my painting is on ornaments, I'm getting ready for the fall craft show season.
I just have two shows the weekend before Thanksgiving so I'm painting on my days off like there's no tomorrow.
Now that it's getting dark earlier in the evenings and it's getting cooler it's time to snuggle in and start getting ready for the holidays. I always look forward to the holidays, the rich warm colors of fall the smell of fireplaces in the evenings and the smell of cinnamon and apples reminds me of years past. Isn't it funny how a smell in the air can take you back to a time long ago and warm happy memories of making pies and craving pumpkins. I did take the time to pull out a few fall decorations and some scented candles.
Oh and I went to the County Fair a few weeks ago. You know how some things just never change well this county's fair hasn't changed a bit it's always been in the same place for the last 50 plus years and each year there are the same great sounds, sights and smells of good food. Check out some of the pictures I took while walking around that evening. Wouldn't you like to have one of those pretty quilts to snuggle down in. The Clydesdale horses preformed that Saturday evening , they are so pretty when they are all decked out in their harness's. They do like to struck their stuff for the crowds. We had beautiful warm weather that weekend and the place was packed with people.
Well I need to go prep for my tole painting class that's tomorrow morning so until next time enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy painting. Take care.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland