Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Time




Here it is August already the summer is going by way to fast. I've been busy painting getting finished pieces done for the Craft Guild of St. Mary's as I'm Crafter of the Month for August.
How come with all the painting I've done this past year when I go to look for the pieces to display in the shop there's nothing left to show? I guess I've given away and sold more then I thought, but that's a good thing I suppose. I'm really enjoying doing the Oil Roughing, I just finished another Mary Owens design It's her Barn at Pine Knob.




Last weekend I attended the Beach Party On the Square in Leonardtown , Maryland.
Hans another member at the Craft Guild Shop and I set up a display on the square to promote the shop. It was a very HOT and HUMID day but it was nice to get out to see all the young and old coming out for some summer fun. There was lots of good food and good music everyone was having a good time. Mr. & Mrs. Claus came out to mingle with the folks on the square. Kids young and old really enjoyed seeing them and everyone was taking pictures with them.








Just a few more weeks and schools will be opening again and before you know it the holidays will be looming over us. So take some time and enjoy the last of the hot lazy summer days. And if you can find some time to work in a few hours to paint. It's never to early to start painting Christmas ornaments. The Paint Works Christmas Ornament Issue is available right now, they have some really cute patterns in this year's issue.
Until next time Happy Painting.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland