Monday, January 14, 2013

Dreary Winter Days

Here we are almost half way through the month of January. I find myself trying to remember when was the last sunny day. I'm one of those that needs to see the sun. So since there's no sun today I turn on every light in the room I'm in, I don't pay attention to what it looks like outside I try to make my own sunshine here inside. I get out the paints and try to make a point of using colors that I don't usually use every day. You know if your a painter we get stuck on using the same colors every time we paint, well there are a lot of colors that sometimes get neglected. Color makes life interesting and can change a mood of the piece your working on. So dust off some of those colors that you don't normally use and make your day a little brighter. I just finished this cardinal, it's a Shirley Koenig design,
this is a easy design and it's sure to brighten up any dreary winter afternoon.

On another note the Craft Guild Shop had a great Christmas season, it seems more and more people are finding out about us and they are coming by to see what we have to offer. We like to have people come by to check out our little shop, I think it's been one of the best kept secrets in Southern Maryland. Once they come in they can't help but find some unique treasure that will work perfectly in their home decor or something that's just perfect for a baby shower gift or a house warming present. We gained a new member this month, Beverly Weaver she makes American doll clothes and baby clothes done with smocking.
At the end of March Ardith our stained glass artist will be offering a glass class to make a stained glass wind chime, that sounds interesting. In the shop we have done some rearranging and we have a complete section of baby items. You'll find quilts, baby blankets, embroidered onsies with the cutest designs and a lot more.
I'm working on painting some new items for the shop and I'm going to include some cute things for baby's room. To see some of the things we offer you can find us on Facebook and by all means if you do look for us there "Like Us".
Lets hope the rest of the winter will be kind to us, we still have a long way to go till spring, I'm counting it down :) . Until next time happy painting.     

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Joyce's Tole Painting

Show My Weather

Loaded Web

Yellow Pages for Chaptico, Maryland